Sunday, June 25, 2017

Finally on the Camino de Santiago

The Road Behind
You already know the difficulties with the bag. I will not bore you further, except to say that I went out last evening and 'resupplied' as best I could and started out at 6:00 this morning. I have met many nice people along the way and after 32k (about 24 miles) I arrived in Hontanas and have discovered that I am only 9K behind the boys. Maybe we will catch up tomorrow.

The Road Ahead

It's still amazing how the good Lord always finds ways to strip up us everything so that we know what's important. The silence of today's walk brought that home clearly today.


Once I finally arrived, I met a nice man, Andres, who was very accommodating at the Alberge and introduced me to the Sacristan so that I might offer Mass. I also met Fr. Francisco, a very welcoming priest. He was very kind and thoughtful. Please keep him, and Andres in your prayers along with so many who have been helpful along the way.










The Church of the Immaculate Conception

See you again, hopefully with my companions,

Fr. Roux